Playing on online rummy is fun because of the tournament format. You can play for free or a single-session game. But if you want a higher challenge, the round-based games are perfect. You need a few essentials before joining the game. This includes the participation fee, verified mobile number and email address, and more. After you meet the eligibility criteria for a tourney, you are good to go. In the below post, we will discuss the things to follow for a great experience at tourneys.
What Are the Types of Tournaments?
Websites such as Khelplay Rummy allow every member with completed profile to play cash and free tourneys. They can take part in either time-based or round-based game.
- In the former, the time is fixed for the players to complete the game.
- In the latter, number of deals are fixed for the game.
In the tournament lobby, you will see complete details such as the buy-in required, estimated playing time, total prizes, number of prizes, etc. If you are logged in, then a reminder pop-up will show up. This will announce the commencement of the game to everyone who have registered for the game. These players need to then enter the tourney from the lobby.
Which Skills You Need to Win the Game?
To win the game, you must know how to play rummy like an expert. Here are a few skills you must master:
- Group Related Cards: When the system deals out the cards to you, group the related cards as soon as possible. This will minimize confusion, and you will know which cards to keep or discard. You can group the cards as per consecutive order and same suit. You must keep the unrelated cards in a different group. You can throw these cards in exchange of the ones you require.
- Form a Valid Hand: You will need at least a pure sequence for a win. After this, you can look for an impure sequence or set. After making a valid hand, you can ask for a show or declare. If you do not have a valid hand, and declare, then you will lose the game.
- Do Not Miss Turns:In the rummy app, you must keep an eye on every player. Keep a note of the cards each player discards and picks from the open pile. Also, do not miss your turns. Consecutively missing turns can cause in dropping you out of the game. This way, you will lose the game as well as points.
- Discard High Point Cards: To keep the points in hand to minimum, discard the high point cards if not grouped into a pure sequence. If someone declares before you, then you will lose by a smaller margin.
- Use Jokers and Wild Cards: You need to utilize wild cards and Jokers wisely to form impure sequences and sets. These cards substitute the ones you need. For instance – 4 and 5 of Hearts will require either 3 or 6 of Hearts to make a sequence. A Joker Card can substitute for the missing one.
How to Play Multiple Tourneys?
You can play multiple tournaments at one go. But, if playing from the KhelplayRummy App, then you can play only one tourney at a moment.The buy-in amount is deduced from your gaming account directly by the provider. It is advisable to keep the gaming account credited with sufficient amount for participation fees. You can go to your profile and keep a check on the deposit in your gaming account. Remember, you can earn bonus on your first deposit. So, do not let go of this opportunity.
What Happens to Buy-in If You Cancel Participation?
After registration, you can cancel participation anytime. This is valid till the time the registration process is open for everyone. The buy-in amount will be then reversed to your gaming account. But you cannot cancel participation after the tournament closes. The buy-in will not be refunded in this case.
How Much Chips You Will Get?
To play card games, you will receive chips at the start of the tourney. You can also win chips in the game and carry it forward to another level. You may even purchase chips to rejoin or continue playing during the rounds. But, remember these are virtual chips. They cannot be redeemed once the tournament is over.
What Are the Norms for Winning Amount?
Any amount you win gets credited to your account on the gaming platform. If you win cash from free rummy tourneys, then you cannot withdraw it. But you may use this winning to play cash games. And if you then win something from cash games, it is possible to withdraw the said reward.
What is an Auto Play Mode?
All the tourneys come with auto play mode. If you do not join the session after registration, or due to network issue there is disconnection, or you do not respond during the play, your turn will switch to auto mode. This means, you do not drop from the game, but can rejoin later. If you are inactive in the game, the timer disables and you go into auto mode.
This enables the active participants to play further and not wait for their turn. Points are distributed to the inactive players as per the rummy rules, based on chip calculation. Join facility is available any time for the first level, if the player has enough chips to continue.
What is the System to Distribute Prize Amount?
In a rummy online tourney, if you are among the winners, you will get a monetary reward. But the distribution of prize amount follows the given norms:
- Sometimes in the final round, two players may have same amounts of points. In such case, both attain first rank, then total sum by adding that decided for 1st and 2nd prize amount, is divided among them, equally.
- The holders of 2nd and 3rd position will receive the prize amount allotted for the 3rd and 4th After this, the winning prize will change according to the ranking of players further.
- If both the players have same points and hold the rank 2, then the total sum of prize for 2nd and 3rd rank, will get divided equally between those players.
- But, the rank 1 holder will receive the pre-determined amount. The 3rd ranker will receive the reward decided for the 4th
- Now in the rummy game, if two participants rank in the 3rd position, then the holders of rank 1 and 2 will receive the pre-determined reward. But the holders of the 3rd rank will get the total sum for 3rd and 4th position amount, divided by 2.
- The person holding the rank 4 will receive the subsequent reward in case of any, and if not, will not receive any prize amount.
The Indian Rummy has several formats of play, and tournament is one of those. On the internet, playing a tourney is much more exciting. Because of the huge rewards, players often rush to enter a tourney and compete against each other. You can encounter a thrilling competition here as experts usually play this game. If you want to excel in a tourney, then you must know all the skills for a win. So, you must polish your game-play and strategies beforehand.
Be observant, try to read the hand of the opponent, know how to confuse the rivals to receive the card you need, and a lot more. You should also understand all the terms and conditions of the tournament as given above. This will help you know what to expect from the ultimate rummy gaming. You can also utilize rewards in more than one way. You may withdraw the prize in your bank account, keep it for buy-in for further games, or purchase merchandise from partnered stores.